Monday 8 March 2010

Macgyver’s Oscar Round Up

Like I said in my last post, I didn’t end up watching the ceremony. I slept instead. Lots. Anyway, lets see how I did

Actor In a Leading Role – Jeff Bridges - Got it!
Actor In A Supporting Role – Christoph Waltz - Got it!
Actress In A Leading Role – Sandra Bullok - Missed it. Oscar was wrong on this one frankly
Actress In A Supporting Role – Mo’Nique - Got it!
Animated Feature Film – Up - Missed it. Up was my second choice though so I’m fine with this
Art Direction – Avatar - Missed it. I may have misunderstood the role of an art director though and Avatar is deserving of technical Oscars.
Cinematography – Avatar - Missed it. Another techy one.
Costume Design – The Young Victoria – Missed it. The kind of win that annoys me a little as they just have to copy clothes from the period, but I’m not mad about this win.
Directing – The Hurt Locker – Got it! Completely agree!
Documentary Feature – The Cove – Got it!
Film Editing – The Hurt Locker – Missed it. I was attempting not to have a big sweep in my picks.
Foreign Language Film – El Secreto De Sus Ojos – Got it! Well done Oscar! I saw Mark Kermode talking on the BBC News and he says he hasn’t seen it/didn’t know about it. Give me his fucking job, at least I put the effort in…
Markeup – Star Trek – Got it!
Music (Original Score) – Up – Missed it. I rolled the dice for this one though
Music (Original Song) – The Weary Kind – Got it!
Best Picture – The Hurt Locker – Got it! REALLY happy that this one got the double
Short Film (Animated) Logorama – Missed it, but I didn’t see the nominees so that’s fine
Sound Editing – The Hurt Locker – Missed it, another dice roll.
Sound Mixing – The Hurt Locker – Missed it, and this proves that redundant Oscar is redundant
Visual Effects – Avatar – Got it! No brainer really
Writing (Adapted Screenplay) – Precious – Missed it, so did they. In The Loop was better but as I said in my long posts no one knew what it was over there.
Writing (Original Screenplay) – The Hurt Locker – Missed it, avoiding the sweep and giving Up this instead of Animated Picture.

Overall – 10/22

Not my best year. I know I got about 15 or 16 last year. Still I’m pretty happy with how it all played out. No back to watching nothing but shite!

No comments: