Sunday 7 March 2010

Macgyver’s Oscar Picks

This is where I would give the little golden baldies. It’s not what the Academy will do, but we’ll see how I match up. Don’t blame me if you place bets and lose money

In the order from the website:

Actor In A Leading Role – Jeff Bridges
Actor In A Supporting Role – Christoph Waltz
Actress In A Leading Role – Carey Mulligan
Actress In A Supporting Role – Mo’Nique
Animated Feature Film – The Princess And The Frog
Art Direction – The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnasus
Cinematography – The Hurt Locker
Costume Design – Nine
Directing – The Hurt Locker
Documentary – The Cove
Film Editing – District 9
Foreign Language Film – The Secret In Their Eyes (El Secreto De Sus Ojos)
Makeup – Star Trek
Music (Original Score) – I skipped, but I’ll say Sherlock Holmes
Music (Original Song) – The Weary Kind
Best Picture – The Hurt Locker
Short Film (Animated) – A Matter of Load And Death
Sound Editing – Star Trek
Sound Mixing – Inglorious Basterds
Visual Effects – Avatar
Writing (Adapted Screenplay) – In The Loop
Writing (Original Screenplay) – Up

And that’s it. I’ll be happy if I get 15 out of 22 on that, I’m pretty sure I’ve got 8 in the bag. We’ll see tomorrow. Alas there’ll be no live tweeting of the Oscars. Getting up early 7 days on the trot, drinking a bunch last night and getting about 6 hours sleep, fighting sleep in the car back (I wasn’t driving) and all of that jazz means I won’t make it. I’m half a day walker now, for the first Oscars in 4 or 5 years, so I’m not used to the hours. Not that I watched it every year in that period, but being on late shift helped…

It’ll be nowt but reviews after the round up post btw, don’t worry :)

No comments: